During your facelift consultation with Newport Beach Board Certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Mark Anton, your areas of concern and your surgical options will be addressed.
Skin elasticity, volume loss, sun damage, tone, texture and skin wrinkling will determine what surgical options will provide the best overall result.
Preparing for your facelift consultation
Make a list of important questions you would like to ask Dr. Anton – There is a lot of information available on the internet, some good and some bad. Dr. Anton is happy to answer any question about something you may have read or heard. His goal in the facelift consultation is to educate you on the surgical procedure.
Have a good idea of your desired outcome – Dr. Anton will talk to you about your areas of concern and your options. The more specific you are during your consultation with the areas you would like to change, the more realistic your expectations, and therefore, the happier you will be with your facelift results.
Be receptive and keep an open mind – It’s Dr. Anton’s goal to create a positive relationship to achieve the most beautiful, natural results possible. Today, there are surgical and non-surgical facial rejuvenation options available. Dr. Anton is prepared to discuss all potential options to achieve the best results.
Planning Your Surgery
Planning a convenient time to have a facelift is usually the most difficult part of the surgery for the patient. It is ideal to plan this procedure 8 weeks or more (the more time the better) before an important social event, such as a wedding or reunion. You will have a pre-op appointment in the office one month prior to the surgery to review essential medical information.
Facelift recovery schedule
- Week 1 – Sutures are removed from subtle incision locations
- Week 2 – Bruising and swelling will be minimal and you may use cover-up or foundational makeup. Many patients find that they are able to go back to work
- Weeks 4 – 6 – You can resume exercise upon Dr. Anton’s approval
- Weeks 8 – 12 – Optimal, natural facelift results will be seen
About the Facelift Procedure
A facelift is performed under general anesthesia in an outpatient surgical facility and can take approximately 4 to 7 hours depending on the individual case.
- Incisions are strategically placed in the hairline and follow the inside of the crease of the ear and behind the earlobe. Scars are very thin, well hidden, and unnoticeable once healed.
- Dr. Anton dissects and lifts a thick, fibrous tissue called the SMAS. He then re-drapes and removes excess skin, which helps achieve a natural, youthful appearance.
- When tightening sagging skin in the lower face and neck, Dr. Anton does not cut muscle under the chin known, as this creates scarring and “witches chin.”
- To eliminate the unnatural, “wind-blown” look, Dr. Anton includes lower eyelid surgery. Many patients also opt for upper eyelid surgery.
- Laser CO2 and Fractora resurfacing treats fine lines, wrinkles, large pores, and uneven skin texture.
- Facetite, a radiofrequency technology, is used to tighten tissues and stimulate collagen.
- Fat is harvested through liposuction then combined with PRP (platelet-rich plasma) and stem-cells before being injected into facial hollows.