Facelift Surgery Recovery
- Dr. Anton recommends going to an overnight facility immediately following surgery – we have many options and act as the concierge. They pick you up from Starpoint Surgery Center and dropped off the next morning at Dr. Anton’s office for your first post-op.
- Mild bruising and swelling are expected will be most prominent immediately following surgery. They will gradually subside throughout the post-operative process.
- Expect mild to moderate discomfort for up to 5 days that is easily managed with medication.
- It is important that you don’t engage in activities that raise your heart rate or blood pressure like lifting, bending over or straining of any kind for 2 weeks.
- Exercise may be resumed between 4-6 weeks with Dr. Anton’s permission. You will be advised during your post-operative appointments regarding these restrictions.
- The healing process varies from patient to patient and activity level is decided on an individual basis.
Facelift recovery schedule
- Week 1 – Sutures are removed from subtle incision locations
- Week 2 – Bruising and swelling will be minimal and you may use cover-up or foundational makeup. Many patients find that they are able to go back to work.
- Weeks 4 – 6 – You can resume exercise upon Dr. Anton’s approval
- Weeks 8 – 12 – Optimal, natural facelift results will be seen
Get the Best Facelift Results
There are steps you can take to ensure you get the best facelift possible. The healing process is essential, and you must follow Dr. Anton’s post-surgery instructions for your own safety and to achieve maximum results.